The cost of repairing your vehicle throughout the years can get quite expensive. To save yourself money on more expensive auto repairs the best defense is to service your car regularly. Preventing problems from happening can save you thousands of dollars down the road.
Here are some recommendations from JB Import Automotive to save you on having to do major auto repairs in the future.
1. Transmission Flush – Replacing your car’s transmission is one of the most expensive things to replace in your car. Be sure to change the transmission oil in your vehicle regularly to keep it operating properly. It usually costs around $100 to replace your transmission fluid at a Utah auto repair shop, and the cost of replacing your car’s transmission ranges from $2,000 -$4,000.
2. Fuel Injection Service – Cleaning out the carbon byproduct of your car will help restore your gas mileage. Fuel injection service helps prevent injectors from having to be replaced. Preventative maintenance usually costs $65, and replacing injectors is usually more than $500.
3. Power Steering Service – Power steering should have its oil replaced every 30,000 miles. This especially needs to hold true if you notice any whining noises. It will cost on average $80 for the oil to be replaced, but the major repair can cost you $300.
4. Oil Change – While this maintenance is a no brainer, it is none-the-less important to remember. Change the oil every 3,000 miles to be sure that your engine is in top shape. You can easily change your oil at most Utah auto repair shops for around $30. Repairing an engine can be more than $5000.
5. Air Filter Service – It is important to change the air filter of your car every 15,000 miles. Your engine needs clean air for combustion. The service usually is only $15.00 and will keep your gas mileage under check.
6. Coolant Flush – A coolant flush can help restore inadequate PH levels and freezing points of your coolant system. A coolant flush will keep your engine cool, as well as remove any debris that is in your coolant system. A flush usually ranges between $75-$80, which is a lot cheaper than replacing a radiator for $600.
Schedule a day and time to bring your car into our shop this week, and allow us to recommend routine maintenance services like the above so that your vehicle doesn’t suffer major damage in the years ahead.